We only collect and store personal data supplied by users registered on our website. You register on KoKoKids.ie in order to generate content (create a KoKoGirl Page, cast a vote, post a comment or review, create a wish list), checkout and pay online. We collect different amount of personal data, depending on the task you want to perform on KoKoKids.ie as described below.
- Why is this personal data needed – If you only register in order to vote, comment or create a KoKoGirls Page, we need your personal data in order to match you, the user, to the content you generate. If you shop online, we need to mach you, the user, with the order you placed online including billing, invoicing, delivery address, account funds, and for order related email or phone communication.
- Personal data displayed on the site – For transparency reasons, if you create a KoKoGirls Page, your name will be displayed as content author, if you post a comment, or a product review, your name and a downsized version of your profile photo may be displayed adjacent to your comment and/or review.
- Personal data correction – If you access the “Account Details” section of the “My Account” page (click here to access “Account Details”) you can edit your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Account Password, and where applicable, you can change Billing address, Shipping address. Click here to change addresses.
- Personal data removal – We have a quick and easy data removal request form, where you can opt for individual blocks of data to be removed or mass removal of your whole user account and related data. Click here to submit data removal request. Alternatively you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any privacy related query you may have.
- When is your personal data shared – We only share your personal data with trusted third parties like payment providers to process the payment, contracted freight company to deliver goods, or with government agencies upon lawful request.
- Non-registered user personal data – In certain circumstances, we collect and store personal identifiable data about a person who never registered on our website. This personal identifiable data is always supplied to us by a registered user with their opt-in expressed consent. In those circumstances, the registered user who supplied the personal data, will be responsible for the removal and/or correction of the supplied data.
- Personal data security – We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that Your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please contact us immediately.
Cookies In Use on This Site
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free services/content (thanks to advertising)
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout process work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Showing you which pages you have recently visited
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Tailoring content to your needs
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. you declined to use our app or take our survey)
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Site Improvement Cookies
We regularly test new designs or site features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our website to different people and anonymously monitoring how our site visitors respond to these different versions. Ultimately this helps us to offer you a better website.
- Advertising Cookies – Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies. We only work with advertising partners who work to accepted privacy standards. like Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Re-marketing Cookies – You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so called “re-marketing cookie” during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc to encourage you to come back to our site. Don’t worry we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies . Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
To delete cookies you can visit Your Online Choices EU